Dental X-rays are a vital tool in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of dental problems. They are essential in order to see areas above and below the gum line that are not visible with the naked eye, such as: Cavities, infections, bone loss, cysts or possible cancerous lesions, anatomic structures(sinuses,TMJ and nerves).
Traditional X-rays use a small piece of film that is run through a series of toxic chemicals to allow the image to form. Digital X-rays do not use film.
Our clinic utilizes the latest in X-Ray technology: Digital X-Rays.
Digital radiography has many advantages, such as:
- Less Radiation: Digital X-rays use up to 6 times less radiation than traditional film X-rays.
- Better Quality: The quality of the image is much higher and can be enhanced to improve viewing.
- Environmentally friendly: There's no need to develop the X-Ray with harmful chemicals that create toxic waste for the environment.
- Shorter Appointments: Digital X-rays use a sensor that develops and projects the image onto the computer screen in a few seconds.
- Simplified Transferring: Digital X-rays can be emailed to a dental specialist for immediate review.
- Storage: The image will be electronically stored.